My pregnancy started out a little rough, but went great! I had taken quite a few pregnancy tests waiting for the + sign to show up! There it was! Then I went to the doctor and they told me I was 5 weeks already! I hadn't felt too much change! Then I hit my third month and I was cranky. My moods changed like the wind. Dave handled it very well though! When I got to my 4th month I absolutely loved every second of my pregnancy! We also wanted to know the sex! I loved feeling Nathan inside of me moving, kicking and even his little hick-ups! Its a feeling that only a mother can feel with her child and its a beautiful thing! Dave and I loved putting our hands on my stomach when he moved! When I had hit my 8th month my doctor took me out of work. I cried that day. I wasn't ready to leave and I was scared to tell my boss too! Work is a stressful place, but I love the people I work with! The stress on my body and blood pressure is why my doctor took me out of work! It was very hard to sit around and rest. My only complaints were that I was tired and my stomach was pushing into my boobs and it hurt a lot. My due date was 3/31/06. So my doctor said if he wasn't ready to come before 4/05/06, then he would have to induce me. So the days go by just waiting for something to happen and nothing. On Wednesday, 4/05/06 I went into the hospital and had suppository put inside on my cervix to soften my cervix. At 7:00am Thursday, 4/06/06 I was induced. I had contractions all day that got more painful as the time clicked by. I could not be given an epidural just in case I needed a c-section. Finally at around 9:00pm my doctor comes in and checks my cervix. Yeah, you wouldn't believe it, my cervix was even tighter and sore and was not even dialated. I think Nathan just would of hung out in there for a little while longer if he had it his way! So my doctor said we need to do a c-section. So we got all ready and prepared for surgery, it was the worst experience I had ever had. The epidural made me not be able to feel below my boobs and my legs kept slipping of the table before my surgery and Icouldn'tt do anything to keep them up. Your brain is trying to tell your legs to stay up and you have no control. Finally they moved me and they didn't fall again. I feel for anyone who can't feel their legs, it totally sucks. Then I kept feeling like Icouldn't breath, I was having anxiety issues, and I was feeling uncomfortable with the space because they put this shade in front of you. We all have our one thing we are absolutely scared of and mine is a c-section. I really don't care about the cutting me open, its everything else. Dave was in the operating room with me, which helped! Then after about 20 minutes we heard our little Nathan cry! That made me feel better for about 5 minutes. That was a beautiful moment Dave and I had that we will never forget! My doctor says 20 more minutes. I'm thinking I'm ready now. We got a little scare, Nathan had to go to intensive care unit because he had lines going across his chest caused by an oxygen problem. He got down there and was fine so they brought him right back! Thank God! Our family was there after Nathan was born! Were so happy and appreciate everyone who came up to hospital it was just hard for me and hurt to see everyone holding him and Icouldn't for almost the first 3 days. I tried to breastfeed, but it didn't work out. Nathan and I were in the hospital until Monday, 4/10/06. I really miss being pregnant, but love having Nathan in our lives! I can't wait until were pregnant again!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment